Connect with us

News

No plans to deploy corps members to Niger republic for war — NYSC

Published

on

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) management has categorically dismissed reports circulating on social media suggesting that corps members would be deployed to Niger Republic to fight a war for the restoration of democracy.

The reports, which the NYSC described as a baseless fabrication, have been causing significant concern among corps members, prospective corps members, and their families.

In a statement on Saturday, Mr Eddy Megwa, Director of Press and Public Relations at the NYSC, said, “There is no iota of truth in the story fabricated by the purveyor, a skit and content creator, purposed to drive traffic to his platform.

“The general public, especially Corps Members, prospective Corps Members, and their parents should disregard the story which borders on criminality in its entirety.”

The NYSC management emphasized that the false reports are a dangerous attempt to subvert the peace of the nation.

They have sternly warned content and skit makers to desist from spreading potentially harmful misinformation.

“Spreading false information capable of subverting the peace of the nation is a serious offense.

“We strongly advise content and skit makers to refrain from such actions,” Megwa noted.

He disclosed that the Nigerian law enforcement agencies have been alerted about the situation and have pledged to take decisive action.

According to him, they have made it clear that they will stop at nothing to bring the purveyors of the false story to justice.

Megwa further stressed the importance of responsible information sharing, especially on social media platforms.

He, therefore, called for the public’s cooperation in maintaining peace and stability in the nation.

“The cooperation of everyone is crucial at this time. Let’s be responsible in sharing information and help maintain the peace of our beloved nation,” the NYSC spokesman said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Police Probe US Businessman’s Sudden Demise in Lagos Hotel

Published

on

– US-based businessman Onyejekwe Izuchukwu found dead in Lagos hotel
– Police investigation underway to determine cause of death
– Autopsy to be performed to reveal more details

The Lagos State Police Command has launched an investigation into the sudden death of Onyejekwe Izuchukwu, a 62-year-old US-based businessman. Izuchukwu’s body was discovered in his hotel room in Ikoyi on June 9, 2024.

According to a source, Izuchukwu had been staying at the hotel since June 6, engaging in business activities. Tragically, his lifeless body was found by a cleaner on the floor of his room.

The hotel’s management reported the incident to the police, who have commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding Izuchukwu’s death. A doctor was called to the scene and confirmed the businessman’s demise.

Izuchukwu was a prominent figure in the oil and gas industry, having served as President of Bits and Drilling Tools, a division of Schlumberger. His death has sent shockwaves through the industry.

“The command has commenced an investigation into the case,” said Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin. “Izuchukwu’s corpse has been deposited in a morgue in Ikeja for autopsy.”

 

Continue Reading

News

Lagos Govt Opens Emergency Center To Curb Cholera Outbreak

Published

on

– Lagos activates emergency centre to combat cholera outbreak
– UNICEF urges provision of clean water and sanitation facilities
– 350 suspected cases reported with 17 confirmed and 15 deaths

Lagos State Government has activated its Public Health Emergency Operations Centre to tackle the cholera outbreak. The centre will coordinate responses to the increasing number of severe gastroenteritis cases across the state.

According to Prof. Akin Abayomi, Commissioner for Health, the laboratory investigation has confirmed Cholera sub-type O-1, associated with more severe disease. He urged residents to adhere strictly to precautionary measures to prevent further spread.

Meanwhile, UNICEF has called on the state government to provide high-standard water and sanitation facilities to communities. Celine Lafoucrier, Chief of UNICEF Lagos Field Office, emphasized the need for strengthened healthcare systems to respond to outbreaks.

Lafoucrier stated, “Addressing cholera outbreaks requires a deliberate focus on providing high-standard water and sanitation facilities.” She also stressed the importance of community engagement strategies to halt transmission.

The state government has confirmed 350 suspected cases of cholera in 29 wards across multiple LGAs, with 17 confirmed cases and 15 deaths. However, the number of new cases is subsiding in previously affected areas due to interventions and surveillance efforts.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Latest News

Copyright © 2017 RoamanNews